From 7th August The Welsh Govt. has indicated that all music venues, theatres and night clubs in Wales can reopen fully. The venue will be operating with our usual capacity, however we would ask you to follow the safety requirements as listed in the poster opposite.
The venue has taken a variety of steps to be ready for reopening and this has included following at all times govt. advice. Keys areas we have improved are as follows:
VENTILATION – Just prior to lockdown we installed at considerable expense, an amazing air conditioning system which we used on half a dozen occasions before having to close for 16 months. Audience members who experienced the new system all commented on what a difference this made and how extremely comfortable concerts were instead of the very hot and humid conditions previously experienced. However, the system did not use fresh air from outside but as with the majority of air conditioning systems just recycled air and cooled it. Covid has now changed thinking on air conditioning systems and recommends companies to bring in fresh air from outside. As a result, our air conditioned system has now been amended to bring in fresh air directly from outside ensuring a constant supply of fresh air. We are also monitoring the quality of the air with CO2 monitors to ensure that a healthy environment is assured.
In addition to the above we have also installed “VirusKiller” units consisting of HEPA filters, active carbon filters, UVC light and hydroxyl technology eliminating 99.9999% of viruses, bacteria, and pollutants in one single air pass. These will be situated in the music hall and also in the ladies and gents toilets. The toilets also have new extractor fans fitted and the windows in the bar area now open allowing a constant supply of fresh air.
HEALTH CHECKS – Whilst we will not be requesting audience members to prove that they are vaccinated (unless we are legally required to!) we would encourage everyone to get vaccinated and consider being tested ( lateral flow tests are available from pharmacies) prior to attending and certainly not to attend if you have any symptoms.
We would remind everyone that the venue has a no refund ticket policy due to the contracts we have with artists. If for any reason you cannot make the event then please do remember you can transfer the tickets to a friend and they can just give the ticketholders name on the door.
PLEASE DO READ THE POSTER OPPOSITE WHICH CONFIRMS THE GUIDELINES WE WILL BE OPERATING UNDER IN THE FORESEEABLE FUTURE.
Following on from confirmation from the Welsh Govt. that music venues will be able to open without social distancing rules from the 7th August, we have regretably now rescheduled the above event to the 14th August 2021 so that the new rules can be followed.
Acapela is reopening on the 7th August after almost 18 months due to the Covid restrictions.
We are looking for staff who are able to undertake the above positions. To apply email your CV to email@example.com
Bartenders/ Food Servers will be responsible for the preparing and serving of both food and drinks. You will be required to interact with customers, while serving drinks/food to customers in a friendly and sufficient manner.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Be smart and well presented.
· Create a warm welcome and good first impression.
· Be attentive.
· Interact with customers and take orders for food and drinks.
· Demonstrate a thorough knowledge of food and beverage products, menus and promotions.
· Assess customers needs and preferences and make recommendations.
· Upsell food and drink products where possible.
· Keep the bar surface and work area neat and clean at all times.
· Clear/ wash plates and glasses when necessary.
· Wash glassware/ crockery after each use.
· Re stock and replenish all bar items
· Ensure fridges are kept clean.
· Ensure all front of house areas are hoovered and mopped at end of every shift.
· Ensure bins are emptied
· Be able to use an interactive touch screen till system.
· Ensure all cash handling is correct and report an mistakes immediately.
· Ensure all kitchen areas are kept clean.
· Ensure food is taken to the table promptly and customers are satisfied with the product.
· Be aware and understand the importance of food allergies.
· Report any issues to the Venue Manager/ Supervisor on duty.
· All health and safety issues must be reported.
· Have a Level 2 Food Hygiene Certificate or above.
Acapela has a wood burning pizza oven and we serve pizzas to the Acapela audience prior to all events. If you have experience of working a pizza oven providing high quality pizzas we would love to hear from you. Email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org