Look forward and celebrate St David’s Day with this special concert by leading Welsh harpist Elinor Bennett.
Elinor Bennett plays some of John Thomas’ ” 24 Welsh Melodies” and tells a few stories about the rich and aristocratic English ladies who were his friends and patrons.
- Elinor plays popular Welsh Melodies and sings folk songs which were arranged by John Thomas one of Wales’ greatest harpists
- Elinor tells the story behind every song, and reads a few stories about John Thomas from the autobiography of one of his pupils – Mrs Lucy of Charlecote Park, Stratford-upon-Avon
- John Thomas was born in Bridgend on March 1st, 1826 and became the Official Harpist to Queen Victoria and made friends with very rich families in England
- How did a poor tailor’s son from Bridgend succeed in getting to the top?
- Elinor plays a harp made in 1904, which is very similar to John Thomas’ harp
Join Elinor as she returns to Acapela following her hugely successful concert in 2017.
“One of the world’s most influential harpists” – Cerys Matthews, Radio 6 Music.
Book a table for pre-concert dining
Acapela Studio provides pre-concert dining between 6.00pm and 7.45pm from our wood burning pizza oven. To view the current menu visit here. To book a table online, select the date of your event, number of diners and time you require table. The times shown are the only vacancies left. Please complete your email and phone number as this is required to ensure your table is allocated. You will receive confirmation of your booking by email and text.
PLEASE NOTE THE VENUE RELIES ON THE INCOME FROM DINING TO ENSURE WE CAN BOOK ALL THE GREAT ACTS PERFORMING.
- All seating at tables must purchase a pizza - so please do not book a table if not eating.
- Please ensure that you arrive 10 minutes before the time slot allocated to order your pizzas prior to your booking time.
- Tables not seated within 15 minutes of the allocated time may be lost and allocated to other audience members wishing to order pizzas.
- If you wish to book a table for 8 or more please email email@example.com
Please note that all of our pizzas are made fresh to order and cooked in an authentic wood-fired oven. It may take up to 45 minutes to be served during busy periods.